Based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
December 28, 2016
Operation Hardcore is an action-packed 2D side-scrolling shooter inspired by classic twitchy action games of yesteryear, but with modern touches and conveniences.
- fight your way past enemies using a range of weapons
- double-jump your way around obstacles and hazards
- activate your traditional plasma-based shield to deflect enemy fire
- drink some whiskey to slow time and increase damage (…at the expense of mental clarity)
- strap on a jetpack and get airborne for some classic forced-scrolling challenges
- collect coins to purchase items, weapons and upgrades between levels
- meet or beat level par times to earn yourself a brag-worthy Badass Rank(™)
- grab a friend for some friendly and/or not-so-friendly 2 player local co-op
Logo & Icon
Cosmocat Games is an independent game studio in Nova Scotia, Canada led by Adam "Snug" McLellan is, a 20+ year veteran of IT turned independent game developer, musician and sound designer. Since its inception in 2014, Cosmocat has released a diverse range of games across several platforms.
More information on Cosmocat, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Operation Hardcore Credits
Code, design, audio